Chronic Disease Management
You don’t have to manage a chronic disease alone. Savan Specialist oncall Doctor can help you manage your chronic condition at home through skilled nursing and specialized programs.
Take control of chronic disease with our home health care
Chronic conditions require a lifetime of management. That’s why our team doesn’t just focus on stabilizing your health – they teach you how to manage your condition independently. Our in-home chronic disease management includes:
- Patient education: Through nurse visits , we teach you how to recognize and assess changes in your symptoms. You learn how to monitor your health and when to call the doctor.
- Specialty care for heart conditions: If you’re managing a chronic heart disease at home or recovering from heart surgery, we offer cardiac-focused care. We connect you with a care team specially trained in chronic health disease management. The team includes in-home nurses, therapists and dietitians, so we can meet all your needs. We closely monitor your symptoms. We treat you at home if you need diuretic medication to relieve swelling.
Personalized home health care for chronic conditions
As part of Savan Specialist Oncall Doctor care team, we’re equipped to manage a wide range of chronic diseases. We can help manage:
- Congestive heart failure (CHF): Our nurses are trained in heart failure management. They review your medications and provide wound care if you’re recovering from surgery. They also educate you about the best diet for CHF. We teach you how to monitor your weight and vital signs for concerning changes.
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD): Our nurses monitor your vital signs and symptoms while teaching you how to recognize when the condition worsens. Professionals specially trained in COPD management deliver therapy as needed.
- Diabetes: We monitor your blood sugar and work with you to manage your insulin. Our nurses and dietitians educate you about diet and medication management.
- Neurological diseases: Our nurses coordinate the care you need for a neurological condition such as Parkinson’s disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), dementia and multiple sclerosis. Our trained providers monitor you in your home for fall risk and provide education for both you and your family.
Getting started with in-home chronic disease management
If your doctor prescribes home health care to help you manage a chronic condition, your Home services can begin quickly with Savan Specialist Oncall Doctor. You should expect:
- Initial nurse visit: During your initial assessment a nurse evaluates your health, reviews your medications and assesses your home for fall risks. The nurse also answers any questions you have and explains the schedule for your care.
- Coordinated care: A case manager (Nurse) ensures you receive the right services at the right time. Your medical history and care are documented. Your home care team always knows what you need, and what you don’t.
- Communication with your doctor: Your home health team shares your progress with your doctor. They also immediately pass along any concerns.